Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Coming Out!


I feel like singing at the top of my lungs on my desk right now, "I'm coming out!!!!" But that would only make this day even wilder.

Today, 11/1/11, I told my bosses I was pregnant. It's only taken me 17 weeks and 2 days! Here's how it all went down:
My co-worker (and fellow pregger) and I took the girls we work with into the studio so that she could share her big news with them, since she'd been keeping hers a secret. On our way back to the office, we decided it was a better time than any to just be out with it and tell our bosses tag-team style about our double whammy news.

We walked into their office and sat down to tell them we had some news. And then Amanda calmly stated, "Bridget and I are having babies." SO much better than the verbal diarrhea that would have spewed out of my mouth. One of my bosses looked like he'd just walked in on his parents having sex, and the only way to explain the other one's expression is that it screamed of sheer dissatisfaction.

The meeting went as well as could be expected, with a few super awkward moments, like when one boss suggested us doing a live birth on YouTube, and the other one only opening his mouth to ask one single question: "When are you going to start to show?" Answer...."Ummm....now???"


I'm SO relieved to have the news out in the open, but I'm a little anxious for what's next...pretty soon they're going to be wondering what my "plan" is post-baby, and I just have a feeling it'll be different from what they had in mind--what, bringing the baby to work with me isn't cool??? I kid....not really, though.

In other news, we still don't know the sex of McBaby! Stubby McStubbornson decided to have his/her legs crossed the entire ultrasound, despite the fact that he/she was doing some sort of jazz-tap number all the while. We'll have to wait til November 21st (week of Thanksgiving) now, and will be doing our big reveal on Turkey Day! Place your bets now, people!

2 comments: