Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Third Tri Baby!


It's offish! I'm finally in my third trimester! Let the emotional eating and unexplained crying begin! From what I hear, this last little wedge of the pie is the most interesting of the bunch. Although, seriously I'd like to see anything come close to competing with my first trimester. Nevertheless, it seems my body received the memo that I had entered into the final round right on time.

I dusted off those baby books I hadn't laid eyes on in weeks, only to read about such joys as leg cramps, swollen feet, frequent urination, and yep, the return of exhaustion. Not to mention the fact that your baby is basically doubling in size on a weekly basis at this point.

So to kickstart the Third-Tri celebration, I went to my doctor for my glucose exam, which tests for gestational diabetes. Why they wait til the very end to determine this is beyond me. They make you drink this foul orange cocktail that tastes like flat Orange Crush mixed with 5 extra Kool-Aid packets, and you're forced to down it in a 5-minute span. Obvi, you can't drink or eat anything until after they've taken your blood an hour later, so this nasty orange crap is just floating around your stomach in the meantime--which is why I wasn't surprised when McBaby delivered me a series of rib kicks upon digesting it. He then thanked me with far gentler bladder elbowing after I gifted him with a jalapeno bagel smothered in cream cheese following my blood work. I seriously scarfed it right there during my appointment as my doctor checked the heart beat.

Another funny thing happened during that appointment--she started asking me all these questions she assumed I'd have answers too--like "Have you decided on a pediatrician" and "Are you pre-registered at the hospital yet." Needless to say, I need to stop re-reading The Hunger Games before bed, and get back to my pregger books--apparently they all suggested I have those tasks completed by now, including our enrollment in birthing classes, which was another cream cheese-mouthed "NOPE" from me.

But relax--it's not like I'm disorganized. I just kind of forgot how far along I am, and got all of those things taken care of in an hour! Plus, I've been concentrating on the important things, like his 0-3 month couture wardrobe, ordering all the Etsy artwork for his room, and working out to make sure I don't turn into Jessica Simpson.

Things are starting to get REAL up in here, and I can't believe this is the homestretch. Here's a pic of me at my east coast shower that was quite possibly the cutest theme of all time, thanks to my amazing family--Bridget Is Ready To Pop. Everything was pop-themed: soda pop, cake pops, jalapeno poppers, and even homemade poptarts! So lucky to have such cool and creative peeps for family.

No comments:

Post a Comment