Sunday, January 29, 2012

Labor Dreams!


Yahooo! Week 30 is here, which means if my little man is right on time, I've got 10 weeks left! I have this really weird feeling he's coming a little early though, but since this is my first pregnancy, I literally have nothing to base that assumption on. Yet again, I'm flabbergasted by how in-tune my body and subconscious mind are with my pregnancy progression--I hadn't thought much about the actual logistics of labor (besides the obvious), until I woke up in a cold sweat the other night as a result of my first....dun dun dun...labor dream.


Naturally, it was anything but normal--I already have an extremely ridiculous imagination in my dreams, and I'm one of those weirdos who actually remembers almost all of them. The dream was that I gave birth inside a grocery store. Pretty sick right? Thankfully though, I have no recollection of the butcher shop or seafood section being a part of the scenery, but I was pretty out in the open with other shoppers just going about their business. One of the strangest parts was that I couldn't feel anything--it was like I was subconsciously hoping everything with my epidural goes as planned with the real thing.


But nonetheless, sick things were happening! At one point, the nurse told me to push, which I did, and then she apparently handed my spleen over to my husband. Even in this bizarre dream state I knew that didn't seem right, but she assured me it was fine, and just needed to "roll it up so it wouldn't dry out." At another point in the dream I was informed that they were "ready to cut into my abdominal wall," prompting me to scream, "OMG am I having a C-section?!" They told me no, so fingers crossed that's foreshadowing (not the abdominal cutting part of course)!


This has been my one and only labor dream thus far. Most of my baby-related slumbers have been equally as weird though, like when my baby transformed into a dog right before my eyes. Or when the doctors handed my newborn over to me, it was actually a teeny tiny fawn that looked an awful lot like Bambi. Adorable, but no thanks.


In these last few weeks of pregnancy, I anticipate more labor dreams to infiltrate my sleeps. I can only hope that my constant urge to pee during the night will interrupt any nightmare situations I might conjure up subconsciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment