Friday, December 16, 2011

Babies In Cocoons





I have a major problem. Besides Pinterest and buying everything off Zulilly, I cannot stop google imaging ridiculous phrases like "babies in cocoons" and "crocheted animal hats for babies." Basically I've decided to spend my lunch hours at work doing art direction on my unborn infant's first photo shoot of his life.

A friend of mine who just had her #2 stressed to me the importance of staging said shoot in the first week the baby's home because of how much newborns sleep that week, and referred to it as a "smushy pic" shoot. I tried talking about this another mom who looked at me like I had 3 eyes when I used the term. But I'm sticking to it. What happens is the photographer puts the baby in these insanely cute positions like placing his chin on his hands as if pondering some deep life moment. See here if you're still confused.

I've decided that McBaby's smushy pic shoot is going to be very nature-inspired. I already instructed my mom to start crocheting the crap out of cocoons made of any soft wool she could get her hands on, telling her to think nests, nature, birds, etc. when designing them. I'm thinking edgy Anne Geddes meets Annie Leibovitz for Vogue.

And I'd like to thank those babies I don't know in the pics for providing an insane amount of inspiration for McBaby's first photo shoot. And of course Justin Bieber and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment