Monday, February 6, 2012

Ommmmmmm



Greetings. I'm feeling pretty yen this morning as a result of my yin relaxation yoga class I attended (and forced my husband to come with) last night. Let me first kick this blog post off with something I've become great at-complaining. Prenatal yoga classes--has anyone ever been to one of these? I'd sure like to if they weren't all held at the most inopportune times. Seriously, who can make a class at 10:45am on a Wednesday?! And they're all at those annoying stay-at-home mom times. Maybe it's because the places I'm looking are in Manhattan Beach, and we all know none of those women work--that's why they're all so hot--they spend their days working out!

Back to the om. My hubs and I decided to take a smooth ride on the crunchy granola ride and take this yoga class everyone raves about at The Green Yogi in Manhattan Beach. Upon arriving, I pretty much wanted to move in. They have this amazing open air lounge with faux grass and couches where you chill before class. The decor is modern, minimalistic, and very soothing--sure I know that's not the point of signing up for a yoga class but who doesn't appreciate a nice interior, come on.

Matt the instructor is probably the real reason 40 people were crammed into that room. Not only is he completely adorbs, he's able to talk you through all the stretches with calming stories, life lessons and personal jokes so you're not focusing as much on the excruciating pain radiating from all your joints. What I loved the most is the fact that he wasn't too preachy and yoga mastery--he really made it such a pleasant experience. One of my biggest pet peeves about yoga is people who take it super seriously. It's like if someone forbids you from laughing in church, all of a sudden all you can think about is every hysterical scene from Bridesmaids, and you're dead meat.

The music was also perfection. Instead of playing bizarro chants, he played Mumford & Sons and Jack Johnson! The baby kicked his way through the entire hour and a half, and my husband is even talking about when we can go back. This is yoga done right, peeps. Even though I am a little butt hurt about not being able to take any prenatal classes, it's seriously not a big deal as I was able to do 90 percent of the poses with the rest of the class. Highly recommend if you're in the area, so check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment